How is fat harvesting used in cosmetic procedures?

Roger E. Bassin, MD
Plastic Surgery

Watch as Dr. Roger Bassin explains what fat harvesting is and how it is used in facial plastic surgery.

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

Fat grafting is becoming ever more popular in cosmetic procedures. Autologous fat grafting may be performed using the Cytori system. First, the fat is harvested using special syringes and then processed using a lipodialysis system that removes the impurities and blood products. Finally, the fat is delivered using the cellbrush technique that places microdroplets into the specific body area. Presently, fat grafting is used for both facial rejuvenation and breast reconstruction. In the future, stem cell fat grafting may become standard of care to both increase fat survival, but also to increase new fat cell development. 

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What will my scar look like from abdominoplasty surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Scarring from abdominoplasties can range from excellent to horrible. There is no guarantee as to...
What should I look for in a plastic surgeon if I want a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
The things to look for in a plastic surgeon are similar in all plastic surgery procedures. First and...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?