How common are tummy tucks?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Tummy tucks are a common procedure that are performed in the United States. In fact, tens of thousands of tummy tucks are performed annually on women and men throughout the United States. It is one of the 5 most common elective cosmetic procedures that are performed on patients. Tummy tucks can be performed with mommy makeover procedures including breast enhancement, breast lift, and liposuctioning of the hips concurrent with abdominoplasty procedures.
In 2007, nearly 63,000 women and men in the United States received tummy tucks, at a cost of more than $781 million.

The second most common type of plastic surgery was liposuction, with more than 302,000 people getting fat sucked out of their bodies, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

When should I call my doctor if I have an abdominoplasty?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
After an abdominoplasty, the patient should call the doctor immediately for signs of bleeding, infec...
How is fat harvesting used in cosmetic procedures?
Fat grafting is becoming ever more popular in cosmetic procedures. Autologous fat grafting may be pe...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?