How much does a tummy tuck cost?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Tummy tuck abdominoplasty or panniculectomy (enormous abdominoplasty) range in price anywhere between $5,000 and $25,000. Prices certainly will vary due to geographical areas. Most importantly is that the patient must have the abdominoplasty performed by a qualified and experienced surgeon. The doctor must be a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, have a board certified anesthesiologist and an accredited ambulatory surgical center in order to perform this surgery in a safe and predictable manner. 

An abdominoplasty for a reduced price by a non-qualified doctor could be disastrous, unreparable, or fatal. Abdominoplasty procedures require skill and experience especially with tightening of the internal muscle lining. Complications from unqualified surgeons can lead to severe hemorrhage, infection, skin necrosis, untoward scarring.

Plastic surgery should be performed by doctors who are qualified and real costs are associated with that. Again board certified anesthesiologist to place the patient under general anesthesia, ambulatory centers that are certified and nursing staff and certified scrub techs that are certified and qualified to aid the surgeon in this invasive operative procedure.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What should I expect when recovering from a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
You should expect to play a large role in your recovery. Understand that you will need to be able to...
What will the scar from a tummy tuck look like?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Tummy tucks are excellent procedures for the right kind of patient. One of the trade-offs, thoug...
What should I look for in a plastic surgeon if I want a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
The things to look for in a plastic surgeon are similar in all plastic surgery procedures. First and...
At what age is it appropriate to receive a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
While there are no strict guidelines in terms of age for patients undergoing tummy tuck procedures, ...