Is there an age limit for cosmetic stomach procedures?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic stomach procedures usually include liposuction versus abdominoplasty. The age limit is normally 18 years of age and older. Patients who have good skin tone at a younger age will do well with direct liposuction technique using tumescent liposculpturing. Patients who have had multiple children and have skin laxity may require tightening of the internal muscles and a full abdominoplasty procedure. In general, we do not perform abdominoplasties in women who are not finished having children. Patients at even a younger age who have had gastric bypass surgery, however, may do well with a panniculectomy and leave the muscles untightened until they are in their later years after childbirthing.
Tara Whitworth
Nursing
The minimum age for cosmetic stomach procedures is 18. The maximum age limit depends on the individual’s health status. If you are interested in a cosmetic stomach procedure, consult your physician.

Continue Learning about Abdominoplasty Or Tummy Tuck

What is the recovery time after a tummy tuck?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The recovery time after a tummy tuck depends on the size and extent of each individuals surgery. Nor...
What should I look for in a plastic surgeon if I want a tummy tuck?
Erik A. Hoy, MDErik A. Hoy, MD
The things to look for in a plastic surgeon are similar in all plastic surgery procedures. First and...
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
What Is an Abdominoplasty?