What is abdominal pain?

Abdominal pain refers to discomfort anywhere from below the ribcage all the way down to the groin. There are a great number of causes of pain in this area; most are incidental and cause no harm (such as pain due to gas), while some can be life threatening. A person with abdominal pain that is unusually severe or does not go away on its own should see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

5 Questions to Ask If You Have Stomach Pain
Whether you call it a stomach ache, tummy ache or the more medical “abdominal pain,” we’ve all had stomach pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common ...
Can I do anything on my own to prevent stomach aches?
There are number of simple things you can do to prevent a stomach ache. First, if certain types of f...
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
Learn what could be causing your stomach pain, as well as how to treat it. 
Ask the Experts: Severe Asthma Treatment