What is abdominal pain?

Abdominal pain refers to discomfort anywhere from below the ribcage all the way down to the groin. There are a great number of causes of pain in this area; most are incidental and cause no harm (such as pain due to gas), while some can be life threatening. A person with abdominal pain that is unusually severe or does not go away on its own should see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

When Abdominal Pain or Discomfort Strikes
You probably don't think about the internal workings of your belly much -- unless they're red-flagging you with sharp pain, aches, or cramping. Even t...
Why is it important to note where I feel pain on my stomach?
Imagine a clock face over your abdominal area and then ask yourself, “At what time is my pain? Where...
Sorting Out Your Stomach Pain
Sorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach PainSorting Out Your Stomach Pain
Our experts can help you sort out the cause of your stomach pain.
Ask the Experts: Endometriosis Risks and Causes