What treatments help with stomach symptoms?

If stomach symptoms are caused by a specific problem, such as an ulcer, treating the ulcer will likely provide relief from symptoms. But if the cause of stomach pain is unknown, medicines that reduce the amount of acid in the stomach might be recommended. These medicines often relieve stomach pain and the symptoms that come with it. Some of these medicines are available without a prescription.

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

5 Questions to Ask If You Have Stomach Pain
Whether you call it a stomach ache, tummy ache or the more medical “abdominal pain,” we’ve all had stomach pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common ...
Can I do anything on my own to prevent stomach aches?
There are number of simple things you can do to prevent a stomach ache. First, if certain types of f...
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
Learn what could be causing your stomach pain, as well as how to treat it. 
Ask the Experts: Severe Asthma Risks and Causes