Why is it important to note where I feel pain on my stomach?

Imagine a clock face over your abdominal area and then ask yourself, “At what time is my pain? Where on this clock do I feel the most discomfort?” The answer can give your doctor important clues as to the cause of, and treatment for, your stomach pain. 

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

5 Questions to Ask If You Have Stomach Pain
Whether you call it a stomach ache, tummy ache or the more medical “abdominal pain,” we’ve all had stomach pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common ...
Why is it important to address emotions in treatment of stomach problems?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Here is an answer from Robert and Lydia Dorsky, from Healthcare Communications in Short Hills, N.J.,...
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
Learn what could be causing your stomach pain, as well as how to treat it. 
Which Symptoms of Abdominal Pain Are Causes for Concern?