How is the cause of abdominal pain determined?

Deborah Davis
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
The cause of abdominal pain is determined by: characteristics of the pain; findings on the physical examination; laboratory, radiological and endoscopic testing; and surgery.

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

5 Questions to Ask If You Have Stomach Pain
Whether you call it a stomach ache, tummy ache or the more medical “abdominal pain,” we’ve all had stomach pain. In fact, it’s one of the most common ...
How can I tell if my child's abdominal pain is a sign of a serious illness?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
There are many potential causes of belly pain. Any pain that is severe or lasts for a long time dese...
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts12 Reasons Your Stomach Hurts
Learn what could be causing your stomach pain, as well as how to treat it. 
Ask the Experts: Endometriosis Treatment