Can I do anything on my own to prevent stomach aches?

There are number of simple things you can do to prevent a stomach ache. First, if certain types of foods cause your stomach ache you should avoid them. Common irritating foods include: spicy foods, tomato sauce, orange juice, coffee, dairy and gluten. If you are getting stomach aches, you can try taking antacids and/or probiotics. Both are available over the counter and have limited side effects. 

Continue Learning about Abdominal Pain

Why is it important to address emotions in treatment of stomach problems?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Here is an answer from Robert and Lydia Dorsky, from Healthcare Communications in Short Hills, N.J.,...
How can I tell if my child's abdominal pain is a sign of a serious illness?
Overland Park Regional Medical CenterOverland Park Regional Medical Center
Your child’s abdominal pain may be a sign of a serious illness if your child starts missing school, ...
What is abdominal pain?
Abdominal pain refers to discomfort anywhere from below the ribcage all the way down to the groin. T...
Why is it important to note where I feel pain on my stomach?
Imagine a clock face over your abdominal area and then ask yourself, “At what time is my pain? Where...