What muscles do I need to work on at the gym to get a flatter stomach?

Focusing on working all areas of your core will help to strengthen your stomach. Some of the main areas to focus on will be your abdominals, your obliques, your lower back, and your glutes. In addition, be sure to stay away from sugary and foods high in fat. Staying active and eating right will help you gain a flatter stomach.

Most people think sit ups at the gym will help them get a flatter stomach.

Watch the video to learn more from Dr. Oz about what muscles you should work on at the gym to get a flatter stomach.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I stretch my abs?
Betty Gutierrez , NASM Elite TrainerBetty Gutierrez , NASM Elite Trainer
Grab a stability ball and lay across it on your back, making sure to maintain contact with you feet...
How do I perform a ball crunch?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
To Start:1. Lie with ball under low back and knees directly over ankles; feet on floor, hip-width ap...
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row