What muscles do I need to work on at the gym to get a flatter stomach?

Focusing on working all areas of your core will help to strengthen your stomach. Some of the main areas to focus on will be your abdominals, your obliques, your lower back, and your glutes. In addition, be sure to stay away from sugary and foods high in fat. Staying active and eating right will help you gain a flatter stomach.

Most people think sit ups at the gym will help them get a flatter stomach.

Watch the video to learn more from Dr. Oz about what muscles you should work on at the gym to get a flatter stomach.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
What exercises can I do to tone my love handles?
There's not much to love about those grabbable lumps of fat around your waist, but you can get r...
Besides looking awesome, what is a benefit of having strong abs?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Your question is awesome and a great one to ask.  Strong abdominal muscles will play a huge role in ...
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row