What exercises target my lower abs?

A great exercise that targets the lower portion of the abs is the reverse crunch.  Perform the reverse crunch by following the technique described below. Lie with your back on the floor or on a bench with your hips and knees bent at a 90-degree angle.  Next, grab a stable object for support.  Make sure to draw-in your belly button and squeeze the butt muscles. Last, lift your hips off the bench, bringing your knees toward your chest.  Return to the start and repeat as necessary. To increase the difficulty of this exercise, it can also be performed on a stability ball or decline bench.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

How should I do the posterior pelvic tilt exercise?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The posterior pelvic tilt exercise is perhaps the best and safest way for many people to exercise th...
What exercises can I do to tone my love handles?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Side bends and Ball rotations are 2 good "Love Handle" exercises. Side Bends: Lie on the floor on yo...
Are Roman chair leg-lifts a good lower abdominal exercise?
Yes! It is imperative to be physically active. There are many ways to be active including house wo...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge