What exercises target my lower abs?

Here's a couple great exercises to try:

1. Leg Lift - No equipment needed: Lie on your back on the floor. Lift your legs about 6 inches off the ground and hold for 10 seconds. You can place your hands underneath your lower back for support. To add some movement to the exercise, move your legs apart, then cross your ankles and move back apart. Repeat movement, crossing your ankles the opposite way.
  2. Ball Pass - Grab your balance ball. Lie on your back on the floor. Place the balance ball between your legs and hold it with your ankles. Now with your arms stretched overhead, lift your legs (keeping them straight) and arms at the same time to meet over your middle and grab the ball with your hands. Continue the movement by tapping the ball on the floor behind your head. Repeat move to "pass" the ball back to your ankles. 
A great exercise that targets the lower portion of the abs is the reverse crunch.  Perform the reverse crunch by following the technique described below. Lie with your back on the floor or on a bench with your hips and knees bent at a 90-degree angle.  Next, grab a stable object for support.  Make sure to draw-in your belly button and squeeze the butt muscles. Last, lift your hips off the bench, bringing your knees toward your chest.  Return to the start and repeat as necessary. To increase the difficulty of this exercise, it can also be performed on a stability ball or decline bench.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
How do I perform a single leg box hop up with stabilization to the front?
Stand facing the box with your feet straight ahead shins in line with your second and third toe core...
Should I do ab work at the end of my workout so, I won't hurt my back?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Ab work when done correctly should ultimately help your back.  I recommend that my clients begin the...
What Is a Good Exercise to Flatten My Belly?