What abdominal exercises are good for beginners?

Prior to prescribing any form of exercise, it would be best to know your current fitness level, age, and exercise history. However, below is an exercise to get beginners started but be sure to only complete if you feel comfortable. Also, please contact me so I am able to further assist you after receiving feedback from the list above:

• Extended plank – lay face down. Place your hands next to your chest. Lift your body up so you are balanced on your knees. This position might be challenging so start here. If you are able to hold this position then lift your body so you are balancing between the palms of your hands and the toes of your feet, a push-up position. Hold for :30 or up to :30 and rest. Complete 2-3 times.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

What muscles do I need to work on at the gym to get a flatter stomach?
Most people think sit ups at the gym will help them get a flatter stomach. Watch the video to lea...
What can I do if my stomach became doughy after my baby was born?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Focus on your transverse abdominal muscles. I refer to them as our “inner girdle” because they r...
What exercises can I do to tone my love handles?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Side bends and Ball rotations are 2 good "Love Handle" exercises. Side Bends: Lie on the floor on yo...
How should I do the side plank exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
Here's how to do the side plank exercise: 1. Lie on your side and brace your core muscles. 2. Ra...