What abdominal exercises are good for beginners?

Prior to prescribing any form of exercise, it would be best to know your current fitness level, age, and exercise history. However, below is an exercise to get beginners started but be sure to only complete if you feel comfortable. Also, please contact me so I am able to further assist you after receiving feedback from the list above:

• Extended plank – lay face down. Place your hands next to your chest. Lift your body up so you are balanced on your knees. This position might be challenging so start here. If you are able to hold this position then lift your body so you are balancing between the palms of your hands and the toes of your feet, a push-up position. Hold for :30 or up to :30 and rest. Complete 2-3 times.
Eric Olsen
Fitness

Here is a good abdominal exercise for beginners: Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Fold your hands on your chest, or, for an easier curl, reach forward as you lift your head from the floor, then, as if you're a roll of toothpaste, curl up vertebra-by-vertebra to a sitting position, or as far as you can go. Let yourself back down slowly. Don't flop back, or you lose much of the benefit of this exercise. Repeat as many times as you can.

Lifefit: An Effective Exercise Program for Optimal Health and a Longer Life

An easy-to-follow programme for lengthening and improving lives. More than an exercise guide, this text is an effective tool for making meaningful lifestyle decisions to benefit long-term fitness. In...

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I stretch my abdominals?
A great stretch for the abs is the stability ball abdominal stretch. Perform the stretch by followin...
Other than side-bends, what is a great exercise for the obliques?
Other than side-bends a great exercise for the obliques is the knee-up with rotation.  Perform the k...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge