Are Roman chair leg-lifts a good lower abdominal exercise?

Yes! It is imperative to be physically active. There are many ways to be active including house work, yard work, walking the dog (or someone else’s that may need a hand), washing the car, biking, or just walking around a nice park or your neighborhood. The problem for most people is that they eat too much and move very little at all. This is a recipe for health disaster. Find something you can do every day to challenge yourself. You can use your body weight for calisthenics, push-ups, dips, lunges, and squats, or use cheap tubing in place of complicated cable machines. Get creative. The key is to do something, anything. Also keep in mind that accumulated activity counts. If you have a hard time committing to a 30-minute exercise bout, three 10-minute mini sessions are as productive.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
Should I do ab work at the end of my workout so, I won't hurt my back?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Ab work when done correctly should ultimately help your back.  I recommend that my clients begin the...
What is a good exercise to help me see definition in my upper abs?
A good exercise to help you see definition in your upper abs is the standing cable crunch.  To p...
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?