How do I perform a standing cable crunch with rotation?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a standing cable crunch with rotation, you want to first choose a weight on the cable that you want to use. Next, stand with your feet hip width apart and pointed straight ahead. Be sure to draw-in your belly button and keep your neck relaxed. Next, hold the cables in each hand and place them over your shoulders with your hands at chest level. Begin by crunching your upper body forward and rotate your torso to one side. Pause and then return your body to the upright position while rotating your torso back to the starting position. Repeat the crunch with rotation to the opposite side. Perform the desired number of repetitions and sets on both sides.

Stand with feet straight, placed shoulder width-apart and keep your knees slightly bent. Grab the cables, place them over your shoulders and hold your hands at chest level. Draw-in your navel, contract your glutes and tuck in your chin. Crunch your upper body forward and rotate your torso to one side. Return your body to the upright position while rotating your torso back to the starting position. Repeat the crunch rotating to the opposite side.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
Do I have to train upper and lower abs separately to get the best results?
No, you do not have to train the upper and lower abs separately to get the best results from you...
How should I exercise my stomach muscles?
Darin Cabell , NASM Elite TrainerDarin Cabell , NASM Elite Trainer
The short answer, which isn't too helpful, is "it depends."  The longer answer is "it depends on you...
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do for My Abs?