How do I perform a standing cable crunch with rotation?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a standing cable crunch with rotation, you want to first choose a weight on the cable that you want to use. Next, stand with your feet hip width apart and pointed straight ahead. Be sure to draw-in your belly button and keep your neck relaxed. Next, hold the cables in each hand and place them over your shoulders with your hands at chest level. Begin by crunching your upper body forward and rotate your torso to one side. Pause and then return your body to the upright position while rotating your torso back to the starting position. Repeat the crunch with rotation to the opposite side. Perform the desired number of repetitions and sets on both sides.

Stand with feet straight, placed shoulder width-apart and keep your knees slightly bent. Grab the cables, place them over your shoulders and hold your hands at chest level. Draw-in your navel, contract your glutes and tuck in your chin. Crunch your upper body forward and rotate your torso to one side. Return your body to the upright position while rotating your torso back to the starting position. Repeat the crunch rotating to the opposite side.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
Do I have to train upper and lower abs separately to get the best results?
No, you do not have to train the upper and lower abs separately to get the best results from you...
What is the best abdominal exercise to give me a flat stomach?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
Push backs from the dining table are the best exercises for “flattening” the stomach. In other words...
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row