How do I strengthen my obliques?

Holding weights, simultaneously lift the right weight as close as you can to your right armpit (bending elbow toward ceiling) and lower the left weight toward your left ankle. Then, lower the right weight and lift the left one. Throughout, keep your chest lifted and eyes straight ahead. Curve your spine from side to side to increase movement. Work up to 20 reps each side.

A great way to strengthen your obliques is to perform the side iso-ab.  Perform this exercise by following the technique described below. Lie on your side with your feet and legs placed on top of each other. Place your forearm on the ground with your elbow located directly under your shoulder.  Draw-in your abs and contract your glutes.  Next, lift your hips and legs off of the ground until your body forms a straight line from head to toe. Make sure to keep your weight placed on your forearm and feet the whole time.  Hold the top position for a few seconds then slowly lower your body to the ground before repeating for the desired number of repetitions.  If this exercise is too challenging, consider trying to perform it from the knees instead of the feet, or perform the standing cable torso iso-rotation as an alternative.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Is There a Way to Tighten My Belly Without Using My Neck?
What Exercises Can I Do to Tone My Love Handles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row