How should I do side stretches?

A great way to stretch the side of your body will be to complete the following:

• Start with both hand relaxed along side. Take a deep breath as your bring your arms overhead. When you arms get as high as possible, bring them together and stretch even higher. From here, keep breathing, and slightly pull side to side to get a great stretch of your back. Return to the top and exhale to the bottom. Complete 3-5 times.
Eric Olsen
Fitness
To do side stretches stand with your right side toward a wall, about an arm's length from the wall. Cross your left leg over your right, and support yourself against the wall with your right hand. Then slowly let your right hip sink toward the wall. Hold and repeat five or six times, then turn and do the left side.
Lifefit: An Effective Exercise Program for Optimal Health and a Longer Life

An easy-to-follow programme for lengthening and improving lives. More than an exercise guide, this text is an effective tool for making meaningful lifestyle decisions to benefit long-term fitness. In...

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I stretch my obliques?
A great stretch for the obliques is the stability ball abdominal stretch with rotation.  Perform the...
How do I perform arm and leg lifts?
To perform this exercise, sit on your hands and knees. Your hands should be parallel to your thi...
What Is a Good Exercise to Flatten My Belly?