How do I perform a single leg box hop up with stabilization to the front?

Stand facing the box with your feet straight ahead shins in line with your second and third toe core engaged in an athletic stance. Bend your knees then pick one leg off the ground held directly next your supporting leg. Squat down, and then explode up using your legs and arms to propel you upwards onto the box, landing squarely on the box and bending your knees and contracting your core and glutes to stabilize the body. Hold the position for 3-5 seconds to ensure you're completely stable, step down to the beginning position and repeat. 
Yusuf Boyd, NASM Elite Trainer
Athletic Training

To perform a SL Box Hop w/Stabilization, stand in front of a box with your feet straight ahead and approximately shoulder-width apart. Take a deep breath, allowing your core to activate. Maintain the upright position (continue to breathe) and tuck in your chin.

Next, squeeze your glutes as you balance on one leg and lift the other leg directly beside the balance leg, using your arms, jump up and land on top of the box on the same leg. Hold the landing position for a few seconds, stabilizing your body and balancing on the same leg and then step off the box.

Pay attention to your knee when you squat to jump up on the box. If you notice that it adducts (goes towards the middle) consult a professional to help you develop a strengthening program to prevent that movement.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I perform a ball reverse crunch?
Lie with your back on a ball with your hips and knees bent at a 90 degree angle.  Grab a stable obje...
How do I perform a ball crunch?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
To Start:1. Lie with ball under low back and knees directly over ankles; feet on floor, hip-width ap...
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do for My Abs?