How do I perform a single leg box hop up with stabilization to the front?

Stand facing the box with your feet straight ahead shins in line with your second and third toe core engaged in an athletic stance. Bend your knees then pick one leg off the ground held directly next your supporting leg. Squat down, and then explode up using your legs and arms to propel you upwards onto the box, landing squarely on the box and bending your knees and contracting your core and glutes to stabilize the body. Hold the position for 3-5 seconds to ensure you're completely stable, step down to the beginning position and repeat. 

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

How can I get defined ab muscles?
All forms of dancing are good workouts. Dr. Oz welcomes hip hop dancer Shawn T. in this video an...
Should I do ab work at the end of my workout so, I won't hurt my back?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
To the contrary, you should focus on your core early in your session as you will need these stab...
Besides looking awesome, what is a benefit of having strong abs?
Garrett Shepherd , NASM Elite TrainerGarrett Shepherd , NASM Elite Trainer
It is always nice to "look awesome", but having strong Abs is a great benefit.  If your Abs, Lower B...
What is the purpose of working my core?
The core is essentially your hips, glutes, abdominals and low back. Training the core is important b...