How do I perform a single leg box hop up with stabilization to the front?

Stand facing the box with your feet straight ahead shins in line with your second and third toe core engaged in an athletic stance. Bend your knees then pick one leg off the ground held directly next your supporting leg. Squat down, and then explode up using your legs and arms to propel you upwards onto the box, landing squarely on the box and bending your knees and contracting your core and glutes to stabilize the body. Hold the position for 3-5 seconds to ensure you're completely stable, step down to the beginning position and repeat. 
Yusuf Boyd, NASM Elite Trainer
Athletic Training

To perform a SL Box Hop w/Stabilization, stand in front of a box with your feet straight ahead and approximately shoulder-width apart. Take a deep breath, allowing your core to activate. Maintain the upright position (continue to breathe) and tuck in your chin.

Next, squeeze your glutes as you balance on one leg and lift the other leg directly beside the balance leg, using your arms, jump up and land on top of the box on the same leg. Hold the landing position for a few seconds, stabilizing your body and balancing on the same leg and then step off the box.

Pay attention to your knee when you squat to jump up on the box. If you notice that it adducts (goes towards the middle) consult a professional to help you develop a strengthening program to prevent that movement.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
What exercises can I do to tone my love handles?
There's not much to love about those grabbable lumps of fat around your waist, but you can get r...
How do I target my abs/core?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Your abs/core is being worked each an everyday.  When you stand up, your core is working to keep you...
What Is a Good Exercise to Flatten My Belly?