How do I perform the "hundred" exercise?

Lie on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Inhale and exhale, pressing your back against the floor. Lift your head--keep your neck straight--until the shoulders roll off the floor. Curl the upper body upward until your shoulder blades are just off the floor. Stretch your arms beside your body with your palms flat but raised about 6 inches off the floor. Move the arms in a patting motion at your sides while inhaling for 5 counts and puffing out for 5 counts. You should be reaching forward and maintaining an aligned spine and tucked-in abdomen. Repeat the inhale-exhale count 9 more times for a total of 100 counts. Hence, the name Pilates Hundred.
Lie on your back with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle (tabletop position). Arms are long by your sides with the palms down. Lengthen the back of your neck, exhale and contract the abdominals, feeling as though you are sliding the rib cage toward your pelvis. Lift the head and shoulders off the mat reaching the arms out until they are level with your shoulders. Simultaneously extend your legs. Pulse the arms while exhaling for 5 counts, then inhaling for 5 counts. Keep repeating this sequence for a total of 10 sets (total of 100 counts). To finish, inhale and bring the legs back to the tabletop position, then return the upper body back to the mat.

*A modification of the hundred is to perform the exercise with the legs remaining in the tabletop position.

Tip: Be sure to keep your abdonimals engaged throughout the entire exercise and not let your lower back arch.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Is There a Way to Tighten My Belly Without Using My Neck?
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
What Exercises Can I Do to Tone My Love Handles?