How do I perform a standing cable torso iso-rotation?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a standing cable torso iso-rotation exercise, you want to first choose a weight on the cable that you want to use. Next, stand with your feet hip-width apart and pointed straight ahead. Be sure to draw-in your belly button and keep your neck relaxed. With arms fully extended, hold the handles in each hand and start with them in front of your chest. Slowly begin to rotate your arms and torso away from the weight stack. Pause and then return to the starting position. Be sure to not move your feet or legs and focus on using your mid—section. Pause and then repeat on the other side. Perform this for the desired number of repetitions and sets on each side.
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent. With arms extended, hold a cable in both hands in front of your chest. Draw-in your navel, contract your glutes and tuck in your chin. Rotate your arms and torso away from the weight stack, keeping your feet in place. Hold the end position for the desired time and then return to the starting position. Repeat in the other direction.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
What exercises target my lower abs?
Michelle Theis , NASM Elite TrainerMichelle Theis , NASM Elite Trainer
Here's a couple great exercises to try:Leg Lift - No equipment needed: Lie on your back on the floor...
How can I get defined ab muscles?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best way to get defined abs will be to lower your body fat. In order to successfully lower this ...
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do for My Abs?