How should I do hyperextension exercises?

Here's how to do hyperextension exercises:

Hyperextension: Begin by lying prone in a Roman chair with your thighs resting on the restraint pad and your heels hooked under the rollers. Keep your hands across your chest and arch your lower back. Slowly raise your torso upward until it is just short of perpendicular with the floor. Contract your glutes, and then reverse direction, returning to the start position.

Reverse hyperextension: Begin by lying facedown on a flat bench with your lower body hanging off the end of the bench and your feet just touching the floor. Grasp the sides of the bench with both hands to support your body. Slowly raise your feet upward until they are parallel with the ground, contracting your glutes at the top of the move. Then reverse direction and return your legs to the start position.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
What is a good exercise to strengthen my abdominals?
Chair Crunches Muscles worked: abdominalsStarting point: Seated, back straight, arms at sides, hands...
What can I do to flatten my belly quickly?
Chris PowellChris Powell
To flatten your belly quickly, there are a few key things you can do to help lose some water weight ...
What Are Some Exercises I Can Do for My Abs?