How should I do hyperextension exercises?

Here's how to do hyperextension exercises:

Hyperextension: Begin by lying prone in a Roman chair with your thighs resting on the restraint pad and your heels hooked under the rollers. Keep your hands across your chest and arch your lower back. Slowly raise your torso upward until it is just short of perpendicular with the floor. Contract your glutes, and then reverse direction, returning to the start position.

Reverse hyperextension: Begin by lying facedown on a flat bench with your lower body hanging off the end of the bench and your feet just touching the floor. Grasp the sides of the bench with both hands to support your body. Slowly raise your feet upward until they are parallel with the ground, contracting your glutes at the top of the move. Then reverse direction and return your legs to the start position.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

How do I perform a ball crunch?
Lie on a stability ball with the ball placed under your low back, bend your hips slightly and ke...
Are there better abdominal exercises than crunches?
There are several other exercises that can help strengthen your abdominals besides the crunch includ...
How do I perform a reverse crunch with incline?
Lie on an incline bench with your hips and knees bent at a 90 degree angle.  Grab a stable object fo...
How do I perform a ball side sit-up?
Lie on your side on a stability ball with the ball placed under your hips and our feet anchored ...