How do I stretch my obliques?

A great stretch for the obliques is the stability ball abdominal stretch with rotation.  Perform the stretch by following the technique described below. Begin by laying face up on a stability ball.  Ensure that you place your lower, mid, and upper back entirely on the ball.  Next, drape your body over the ball and extend the legs and arms until a stretch is felt in the belly area.  To emphasize stretching one side of the abs over another, rotate the body slightly away from the side you want to emphasize with the stretch.  For example, if you want to emphasize the right obliques, you would rotate your body slightly to the left.  Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
How do I stretch my abdominals?
A great stretch for the abs is the stability ball abdominal stretch. Perform the stretch by followin...
What is the purpose of working my core?
The core is essentially your hips, glutes, abdominals and low back. Training the core is important b...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge