How do I stretch my obliques?

A great stretch for the obliques is the stability ball abdominal stretch with rotation.  Perform the stretch by following the technique described below. Begin by laying face up on a stability ball.  Ensure that you place your lower, mid, and upper back entirely on the ball.  Next, drape your body over the ball and extend the legs and arms until a stretch is felt in the belly area.  To emphasize stretching one side of the abs over another, rotate the body slightly away from the side you want to emphasize with the stretch.  For example, if you want to emphasize the right obliques, you would rotate your body slightly to the left.  Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
Is it okay to train the abs every day?
Betty Gutierrez , NASM Elite TrainerBetty Gutierrez , NASM Elite Trainer
Work your abs two to three non-consecutive days a week, taking care to target all your abdominal mus...
How can I get defined ab muscles?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best way to get defined abs will be to lower your body fat. In order to successfully lower this ...
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?