How do I stretch my obliques?

A great stretch for the obliques is the stability ball abdominal stretch with rotation.  Perform the stretch by following the technique described below. Begin by laying face up on a stability ball.  Ensure that you place your lower, mid, and upper back entirely on the ball.  Next, drape your body over the ball and extend the legs and arms until a stretch is felt in the belly area.  To emphasize stretching one side of the abs over another, rotate the body slightly away from the side you want to emphasize with the stretch.  For example, if you want to emphasize the right obliques, you would rotate your body slightly to the left.  Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

What ab exercises are better than crunches?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Crunches can be great but the best way to lose ab fat is to incorporate ab exercises that work the e...
What exercise can stengthen my core and tone my butt and thighs?
Want to challenge your core muscles from every angle while toning your thighs and boosting your be...
How do I perform basic crunches?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Toes point straight ahead and feet...
How do I perform "hand-to-feet" exercise?
Lay on the floor holding a physioball. Keep your core engaged and spine in neutral alignment. With y...