How should I do decline abdominal crunches?

The decline crunch is one of the most effective abdominal exercises, because the decline position creates a natural tension in the center of your abs before even beginning the movement. You do not have to use any additional weight for this exercise since your own body weight is enough. But you do need an adjustable bench.

Sit on a 25-degree decline bench and place your feet under the holding pad and both hands on your abdominals. Keeping your abs tight at all times, lean back to a 45-degree angle (never go all the way, as that can endanger your lower back). Crunch forward toward your knees, rolling your abdominals together, and tighten them in the top position. Release slightly to the 45-degree angle and repeat.

Perform 3 sets of 20-50 reps

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How can I strengthen my abdominal muscles?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Sorry, but situps, or crunches, just don't cut it anymore when it comes to working your abdomina...
Is there a way to tighten my belly without using my neck?
Yes there is, you can perform the prone is ab hold, which will not require you to flex your neck at ...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge