How should I do decline abdominal crunches?

The decline crunch is one of the most effective abdominal exercises, because the decline position creates a natural tension in the center of your abs before even beginning the movement. You do not have to use any additional weight for this exercise since your own body weight is enough. But you do need an adjustable bench.

Sit on a 25-degree decline bench and place your feet under the holding pad and both hands on your abdominals. Keeping your abs tight at all times, lean back to a 45-degree angle (never go all the way, as that can endanger your lower back). Crunch forward toward your knees, rolling your abdominals together, and tighten them in the top position. Release slightly to the 45-degree angle and repeat.

Perform 3 sets of 20-50 reps

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
How can I get six-pack abs?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
To get six-pack abs, you need a comprehensive weight­loss workout, along with a dedicated abdominal ...
How do I perform an abdominal stretch on a ball?
Lie on your back on a stability ball.  Drape your body over the ball and extend your arms and legs u...
Is There a Way to Tighten My Belly Without Using My Neck?