How should I do a bridge with chair exercise?

Edward Phillips
Physical Therapy
Here's how to do a bridge with chair exercise:

Reps: 8-12
Sets: 1-3
Intensity: Moderate
Tempo: 2-1-2
Rest: 30-90 seconds between sets

Starting position: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your arms at your sides, palms up. Put your heels on the seat of a chair placed so that your knees form a 90-degree angle. Relax your shoulders down and back into the floor.

Movement: Squeeze your buttocks as you lift your hips off the floor. Pause, then slowly release to return to the starting position.

Tips and techniques:
  • Maintain a neutral spine throughout.
  • Keep your shoulders, hips, and knees in a straight line during the bridge.
Too hard? Put both feet flat on the floor rather than on the chair.

Too easy? Put your left heel on the chair and extend your right leg toward the ceiling before doing the bridge. After completing the reps in one set, switch leg positions and repeat the movement for the next set.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
How do I perform a single leg box hop up with stabilization to the front?
Stand facing the box with your feet straight ahead shins in line with your second and third toe core...
How can I get defined ab muscles?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
The best way to get defined abs will be to lower your body fat. In order to successfully lower this ...
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row