Other than side-bends, what is a great exercise for the obliques?

Other than side-bends a great exercise for the obliques is the knee-up with rotation.  Perform the knee-up with rotation by following the technique described below. Lie with your back on the floor or on a flat bench with your hips bent at a 90 degree angle.  Next, grab a stable object for support, and while keeping the hips bent at a 90 degree angle, extend the legs into the air.  Make sure to draw-in your abs and contract your glutes.  Last, lift your hips off of the floor or bench, reaching your feet up towards the ceiling.  As you move your legs upward, rotate your hips and legs slightly in one direction like a corkscrew.  Slowly return to the starting position and repeat as necessary.  Alternatively, if this exercise is too challenging,  a cable chop is an exercise that will also target the obliques.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
What can I do to flatten my belly quickly?
Chris PowellChris Powell
To flatten your belly quickly, there are a few key things you can do to help lose some water weight ...
How can I get six-pack abs?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
To get six-pack abs, you need a comprehensive weight­loss workout, along with a dedicated abdominal ...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge