Other than side-bends, what is a great exercise for the obliques?

Other than side-bends a great exercise for the obliques is the knee-up with rotation.  Perform the knee-up with rotation by following the technique described below. Lie with your back on the floor or on a flat bench with your hips bent at a 90 degree angle.  Next, grab a stable object for support, and while keeping the hips bent at a 90 degree angle, extend the legs into the air.  Make sure to draw-in your abs and contract your glutes.  Last, lift your hips off of the floor or bench, reaching your feet up towards the ceiling.  As you move your legs upward, rotate your hips and legs slightly in one direction like a corkscrew.  Slowly return to the starting position and repeat as necessary.  Alternatively, if this exercise is too challenging,  a cable chop is an exercise that will also target the obliques.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

What exercise isolates and works abdominal muscles the best?
Jacqueline Balboni , NASM Elite TrainerJacqueline Balboni , NASM Elite Trainer
A great exercise to isolate and work your abdominals is a plank! To get started you lay face down on...
How do I do a lateral hold?
Stand with your feet together. Hold an exercise band above your head with your hands apart for 2...
How do I perform a reverse crunch?
Lie with your back on a bench with your hips and knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Grab a stable ...
How do I perform basic crunches?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Toes point straight ahead and feet...