What is a good exercise to help me see definition in my upper abs?

A good exercise to help you see definition in your upper abs is the standing cable crunch.  To perform the standing cable crunch, follow the technique described below. Stand in front of and facing away from a cable column with your feet pointed straight ahead and shoulder-width apart and the knees slightly bent.  Place cables over the front of the shoulders and hold hands at chest level.  Make sure to draw-in the belly button, squeeze the butt muscles and tuck the chin while crunching the upper body forward moving the ribs down toward the hips.  Return the upper body to an upright position and repeat as necessary.  Alternatives to the standing cable crunch are the ball crunch or floor crunch.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I perform a standing cable crunch with rotation?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a standing cable crunch with rotation, you want to first choose a weight on the cabl...
What exercises can I do to tone my love handles?
There's not much to love about those grabbable lumps of fat around your waist, but you can get r...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge