How often should I train my lower abs to get the best results possible?

For best results from your abdominal training, try incorporating a variety of different types and styles of exercise into your routine on a daily or every-other day basis.  This will ensure that your program is well-rounded and that you will not increase the chances of getting injured by overworking the same muscles or performing too much of one exercise.  For example, one day you can perform variations of the prone iso-ab exercise, on the next day you can perform ball crunches, and on the third day you can perform the knee-up exercise.  The lower abs are involved in all three exercises, they are just used in different capacities during each.  This type of routine is great because it challenges the abs in different ways, stimulating them more effectively than doing the same routine everyday.  In addition to proper resistance training and abdominal stregnthening, another critical element to seeing results, especially in the ab region of the body, is proper nutrition.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
How do I perform a bench back extension?
Lie face down on a back extension bench. Extend your legs, keeping them shoulder-width apart. Cros...
What abdominal exercises are good for beginners?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Prior to prescribing any form of exercise, it would be best to know your current fitness level, age,...
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge
Transform YOU: Floor Bridge