How often should I train my lower abs to get the best results possible?

For best results from your abdominal training, try incorporating a variety of different types and styles of exercise into your routine on a daily or every-other day basis.  This will ensure that your program is well-rounded and that you will not increase the chances of getting injured by overworking the same muscles or performing too much of one exercise.  For example, one day you can perform variations of the prone iso-ab exercise, on the next day you can perform ball crunches, and on the third day you can perform the knee-up exercise.  The lower abs are involved in all three exercises, they are just used in different capacities during each.  This type of routine is great because it challenges the abs in different ways, stimulating them more effectively than doing the same routine everyday.  In addition to proper resistance training and abdominal stregnthening, another critical element to seeing results, especially in the ab region of the body, is proper nutrition.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
3 Exercises for a Flatter Belly
With beach weather just around the corner, who isn't thinking about shedding a few pounds and tackling that muffin top? So we hit the floor and bang o...
What is a good exercise to help me see definition in my upper abs?
A good exercise to help you see definition in your upper abs is the standing cable crunch.  To p...
Is there a way to tighten my belly without using my neck?
Yes there is, you can perform the prone is ab hold, which will not require you to flex your neck at ...
Transform YOU: Squat to Row
Transform YOU: Squat to Row