Today, the Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine launches the awareness week with simple daily activities that each of you can do to help us spread awareness about the disease. If everyone does just a few of these, you will help us raise critical understanding about mitochondrial function and disease.
The Foundation will cap the week with its annual Hope Flies Catch the Cure fundraiser on Friday, September 23 at the Stave Room at American Spirit Works. A fun night of cocktails, dinner, dancing and auctions, Hope Flies Catch the Cure helps raise funds to continue the Foundation’s mission to fund a cure, fuel connections and lead the way in mitochondrial disease research.
Change your social media profile pictures to FMM's GMDAW logo today and keep it up all week. Post why you’re helping build awareness this week. Make this your profile picture to raise awareness for mitochondrial disease!
The Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine will denote each day of the week with an awareness activity for all of our supporters to participate in and help spread awareness of mitochondrial disease. Here’s a quick list of the things you can do to help this week:
- Change your Facebook Profile Picture to an FMM graphic
- Share a story on social media about why your hope flies
- Participate in the Foundation Fund-A-Need with our Hope Flies Catch the Cure Event
- Calculate and share your “Firefly Number” by totaling the number of people you know with mitochondrial disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Autism, chronic fatigue syndrome, ALS and Parkinson’s disease.
- Join the Foundation for the Hope Flies Catch the Cure gala on Friday, September 23 and share pictures on social media; tag your posts with #hopeflies
- Listen to STAR 94 for radio spots mentioning the awareness week