Dr. Mao has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Zhi Mao, MD is a nephrology specialist in Plano, TX. Dr. Mao completed a residency at University of Texas Health Science Center. He currently practices at North Texas Kidney Disease Associates and is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Centennial. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Mao is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Residency Hospital
- Baylor Med Center, Fellowship Hospital — 2009
- Southwestern Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2005
- University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Medical School — 2004
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Peach State Health Plan
- Prime Health Services
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
North Texas Kidney Disease Associates
North Texas Kidney Disease Associates - Plano1600 Coit Rd Ste 300, Plano, TX 75075 Existing Patients: (972) 295-9660
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Mao?
I have seeing Dr Mao for several years. I’m 74. Been to many doctors in my lifetime. I would highly recommend Dr Mao. He takes the time to discuss not only your medical need, but your overall needs, like not just bringing your list of medicine, but he goes over it and advises about what you are taking. I’ve had problems not only with my kidneys, but my bladder also. He is working closely with the Urology doctor to help resolve my issues. This is outstanding. He demeanor and infectious smile make you welcomed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Zhi Mao, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Mao's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Mao accepts your insurance.
Dr. Mao frequently treats Glomerulonephritis & Nephropathy.
Dr. Mao's office is located at 1600 Coit Rd Ste 300, Plano, TX 75075. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Mao speaks Chinese and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Centennial
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Plano
- Medical City Plano
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano