Take charge of your health!
Dr. Pao's Background
Board certified in radiation oncology. Dr. Pao a graduate of the Medical College of Wisconsin, he interned at the Barnes Hospital in St. Louis. He completed his residency at the Washington University School of Medicine, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology in St. Louis, where he served as chief resident. He is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical honor society.
In 1986, Dr. Pao was named an American Cancer Society clinical oncology fellow. Dr. Pao serves on the Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee as the representative of the Wisconsin Society of Radiation Oncologists. He is also on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Radiological Society.
Dr. William J. Pao has special interest in head and neck tumors, and gynecological cancer with special expertise in stereotactic radiosurgery, Gamma Knife radiosurgery, intraoperative radiotherapy and high dose rate brachytherapy.
Dr. Pao has published many articles and abstracts, and has contributed chapters to scholarly works on cancer care and its treatment. In his free time he enjoys swimming and reading.
His philosophy in cancer treatment is summed up as follows: "I tend to follow standard treatment guidelines, but tailored to individual patient. As cancer care professionals, we have a duty to provide or find the best care for our patients. I weigh the benefits and the risks before recommending any treatment."
- All Saints St Luke's Memorial Hospital
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
- Aurora Medical Center Washington County
- Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center
- Aurora St Luke's Medical Center
- Aurora St Luke's South Shore
- Barnes Jewish Hospital Washington University School Med
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine
- Augusta, GA