Dr. William Wickemeyer, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Wickemeyer's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. William Wickemeyer, MD is a cardiology specialist in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Wickemeyer completed a residency at Michael E DeBakey Veteran Affairs Medical Center. He currently practices at Mercyone Iowa Heart Center West Des Moines and is affiliated with Knoxville Hospital and Clinics. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Wickemeyer is board certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
- Baylor Affil Hosps, Fellowship Hospital — 1980
- Michael E DeBakey Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1978
- Baylor Affil Hosps, Internship Hospital — 1976
- New York Medical College, Medical School — 1975
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Be the first to leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Wickemeyer?
In 1994 I received a heart transplant after Dr Wickemeyer had placed me on a waiting list. He has been my cardiologist since. I literally owe my life to him !
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Wickemeyer accepts your insurance.
Dr. Wickemeyer frequently treats Adult Congenital Heart Conditions.
Dr. Wickemeyer's office is located at 5880 University Ave, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Wickemeyer has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Knoxville Hospital and Clinics
- Mercyone Des Moines Medical Center