Call (571) 470-7914 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Walter Atiga, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Atiga completed a residency at National Institute Of Health. He currently practices at MedStar Heart Institute Fairfax and is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Atiga is board certified in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology 1995-1998, Fellowship Hospital — 1998
- National Institutes Of Health, Clinical Cardiology Research 1993-1995, Fellowship Hospital — 1996
- National Institute Of Health, Residency Hospital — 1993
- Loma Linda University, Residency Hospital — 1992
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1991
- Pacific Union College, Undergraduate School — 1985
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Kaiser Permanente
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
MedStar Heart Institute Fairfax
Fairfax Arrhythmia, Medstar/ Cleveland Clinic3020 Hamaker Ct Ste 502, Fairfax, VA 22031 Existing Patients: (571) 470-7914
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Atiga?
Great doc but very difficult to get an appointment with him, sometimes it is over 6 weeks to his "first available" slot. I had Afib and was cardioverted but it came back so Dr. Atiga recommended an Ablation. That has resulted in a heart rate in the low 50's so now he is talking a pacemaker. Think it may be time for a second opinion but an excellent Doc none the less.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Atiga has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Walter Atiga, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Atiga's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Atiga accepts your insurance.
Dr. Atiga frequently treats Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures, and Adult Congenital Heart Conditions.
Dr. Atiga's office is located at 3020 Hamaker Ct Ste 502, Fairfax, VA 22031. Find other locations and directions.
- Reston Hospital Center
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Stonesprings Hospital Center
- Virginia Hospital Center