Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (929) 367-6310.
Dr. Walter Besser, MD
New Patient(585) 676-6067
Dr. Walter Besser, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Astoria, NY. Dr. Besser completed a residency at Hosp Spec Surg. He currently practices at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens and is affiliated with Mount Sinai Queens. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Hosp Spec Surg, Residency Hospital
- Hospital for Special Surgery, Fellowship Hospital — 1977
- LI/Brooklyn Jewish Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1974
- St Thomas Hosp/LI Jewish, Internship Hospital — 1970
- Madrid U, Medical School — 1968
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Oxford Health Plans
- VNS Choice
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Besser?
Dr. Besser has been my doctor for 10 years. He performed both my right and left full knee replacements. Within two weeks of my replacement, I began to feel improved. Dr. Besser is very hands on and passionate about caring for his patients. He is attentive and highly skillful at what he does. He makes you feel like your concerns are his number one priority. I highly recommend him to anyone.
- Mount Sinai Queens
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Walter Besser, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Besser's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Besser accepts your insurance.
Dr. Besser frequently treats Knee & Lower Limb Surgery, Hand & Wrist Surgery, and Hip & Pelvic Surgery.
Dr. Besser's office is located at 3071 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Besser speaks French and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Besser has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.