Dr. Umer Darr, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Bridgeport, CT. Dr. Darr completed a residency at University of Connecticut. He currently practices at Bridgeport hospital and is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Darr is board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
Bridgeport hospital267 Grant St # 1, Bridgeport, CT 06610 Existing Patients: (203) 384-4868
French, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, Urdu
- U. Of Toronto. Toronto General Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 2004
- Yale University, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 2003
- University of Connecticut, Residency Hospital — 2001
- University of Connecticut, Internship Hospital — 1996
- Aga Khan Medical College, The Aga Khan University, Medical School — 1992
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Locals (any local)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Darr?
On December 3rd, after a catheterization procedure, I was informed I needed triple bypass surgery. Two arteries were 90% occluded and the third was 100%. Dr. Darr performed my open heart procedure on the 7th and had me home by noon on the 11th! Other than some minor chest discomfort, I experienced none of the commonly encountered post-operative issues. I can only attribute this to Dr. Darr's surgical skill coupled with the calm confidence he exuded, and inspired in me, that my positive outcome was a certainty. I could not have been in more competent hands or better care than that of Dr. Darr and his entire team. As grueling as his schedule must be, he made a point of checking on me frequently both before and after my surgery as well as keeping my family in the loop on my progress. I cannot adequately express how grateful I am to have had Dr. Darr as my surgeon.
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Yale New Haven Hospital