Click here to compare with other Neurology Specialists.
Dr. Umer Akbar, MD is a neurology specialist in Providence, RI. He currently practices at THE NEUROLOGY FOUNDATION and is affiliated with Rhode Island Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Akbar is board certified in Neurology.
- Medical University of The Americas, Medical School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
The Neurology Foundation
Rehabilitation Unit593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903 Existing Patients: (401) 444-6528
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Akbar?
This doctor is great. He sits and listens, and then gives me options with all of the risks and benefits of the different options. Doesn't push pills. and very smart too
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Akbar frequently treats Epilepsy.
Dr. Akbar's office is located at 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Akbar has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Rhode Island Hospital
- The Miriam Hospital
- Women and Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island