Dr. Uday Shankar, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Hazard, KY. Dr. Shankar completed a residency at Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. He currently practices at GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES and is affiliated with Hazard Arh Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Shankar is board certified in Gastroenterology.
Dr. Uday Shankar, Md200 Medical Center Dr, Hazard, KY 41701 Existing Patients: (606) 439-3952
- National Speaker For Myriad Genetic Lab, Other Education — 2013
- Agaf,Fellowiship In American Gastroenterology Association, Other Education — 2011
- Fasge,Fellowoship In American Society Of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Other Education — 2011
- Facg,Fellowship In American College Of Gastroenterology, Other Education — 2010
- Member Of North American Society Of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Other Education — 2010
- Voluntary Faculty At Univeristy Of Ky and Louiseville, Other Education — 2005
- University New Mexico, Fellowship Hospital — 1992
- UMDNJ Nj Med School, Fellowship Hospital — 1990
- Suny Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1989
- Bowring Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1983
- Bangalore Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Medical School — 1982
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Bluegrass Family Health
- Coventry Health Care
- Passport Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shankar?
The care, service, and results are the highest level possible. Always very professional, thorough, and had an excellent "bedside manner. “Indeed, the most treasured of the Doctor I have been privileged to meet. Dr. Uday Shankar treated me as if I was a family member during all my meetings with him, before Surgery, and after. The surgery was undoubtedly successful, and the results were as described. If he weren't specialized, I'd see him for everything!” Most importantly is the after care ,18 months after the surgery I can still reach him should I need any advice/ Process through a WhatsApp support group facilitated by him and a few pioneers . Do I recommend him … Well you know the answer , Absolutely yes!! without a blink of an eye
- Hazard Arh Regional Medical Center