Call (212) 582-3422 to make an appointment as a new patient, or (212) 305-5415 for existing patients or other inquiries. Click here for more information.
Dr. Tongalp Tezel, MD
New Patient(212) 235-1511
Dr. Tongalp Tezel, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Tezel completed a residency at Washington University School Of Medicine, St. Louis. He currently practices at Columbia Doctors Ophthalmology and is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Tezel is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- Washington University School Of Medicine, St. Louis, Residency Hospital — 2009
- SSM St Mary's Hlth Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1999
- Haceteppe U Fac Med, Ankara, Medical School — 1984
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Bluegrass Family Health
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Meritain Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Oxford Health Plans
- Peach State Health Plan
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Tezel?
Dr. Tezel (actually also Professor) is the Director of the Retina Division at Columbia Presbyterian, one of the leading Ophthalmologist centers in the US. Based on my own experience, Dr. Tezel is the most caring, knowledgeable and talented ophthalmologist surgeon I ever went to. He fixed my macular pucker and hole to perfection as I now have 20/20 for the eye he operated on. I would recommend him to anyone having any sort of retina issue, and as a bonus, he has a fantastic sense of humor.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Tezel has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Tongalp Tezel, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Tezel's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Tezel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Tezel frequently treats Retinoschisis, Retinal Cysts, and Macular Hole.
Dr. Tezel's office is located at 635 W 165th St, New York, NY 10032. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Tezel speaks Turkish and English. View profile to see all.