Dr. Brown has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Thomas Brown, MD is a cardiology specialist in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Brown completed a residency at Yale University School of Medicine. He currently practices at Iowa Heart Center at Laurel and is affiliated with Mercyone Centerville Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Brown is board certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
- Emory University School of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital — 1976
- Yale University School of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1972
- Yale University School of Medicine, Internship Hospital — 1970
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Medical School — 1969
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Brown?
Dr. Brown is a most caring doctor. I know that with his expertise in his field and by sending us to other heart specialist when needed that he has definitely prolonged my husband's life for many years. He truly cares about finding the right medications and the correct doctors other than just himself to treat my husband. We dread the day when he retires and we have to see another cardiologist. My husband's heart issues are not his only serious health issues and Dr. Brown works hard to be sure all my husband's meds work together and do not hamper any of his other health issues. We cannot say enough good things about about Dr. Brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Thomas Brown, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Brown's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Brown accepts your insurance.
Dr. Brown frequently treats Adult Congenital Heart Conditions and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Brown's office is located at 411 Laurel St Ste A250, Des Moines, IA 50314. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Mercyone Centerville Medical Center
- Mercyone Des Moines Medical Center
Iowa Heart Center at Laurel
Iowa Heart Center at Laurel411 Laurel St Ste A250, Des Moines, IA 50314 (515) 235-5000