Dr. Thomas Ortel, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Ortel's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Thomas Ortel, MD is a hematology specialist in Durham, NC. Dr. Ortel completed a residency at Duke University Hospital. and is affiliated with Duke University Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Ortel is board certified in Hematology.
- Duke University Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1989
- Duke University Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1988
- Duke University Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1986
- Indiana U, School of Medicine, Medical School — 1985
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Ortel?
After 2 life threatening blood clots, we got to Dr Ortel. He was miraculous. He explained every step of a year long treatment clearly. When that was complete, he then discussed at length my goals and gave me options taking those goals and my quality of life into the mix. His recommendations were spot on, and my family and I couldn't be more grateful. He is an excellent, caring physician who demonstrated genuine concern for me far beyond prescribing a pill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Ortel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Ortel frequently treats Blood Disorders.
Dr. Ortel's office is located at 563 Stead Bldg 3422, Durham, NC 27710. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Ortel has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Duke University Hospital
- 1 563 Stead Bldg 3422, Durham, NC 27710 Existing Patients: (919) 684-5350