Dr. Thomas Gautsch, MD is a orthopedic hip & knee surgery specialist in Gallatin, TN. Dr. Gautsch completed a residency at UCLA Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery. He currently practices at Southern Sports Medicine Institute, PLLC and is affiliated with Sumner Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Gautsch is board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Southern Sports Medicine Institute, PLLC
Southern Sports Medicine Institute, PLLC570 HARTSVILLE PIKE, Gallatin, TN 37066 Existing Patients: (615) 325-1180
- Diplomate with Added Qualification in Sports Medicine, ABOS, Fellowship Hospital
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fellowship Hospital
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellowship Hospital
- Fellow, American College Of Surgeons, Fellowship Hospital
- Fellow, National Institutes Of Health/ National Institute Of Arthritis, Fellowship Hospital
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society For Sports Medicine, Fellowship Hospital
- UCLA Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery, Residency Hospital — 1995
- UCLA Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery, Internship Hospital — 1990
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine, Medical School — 1989
- University Of California, San Diego--Bioengineering, Undergraduate School — 1985
- College Team Physician, Other Education
- High School Team Physician, Other Education
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Tennessee
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Principal Financial Group
- Private HealthCare Systems
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gautsch?
If you think you are ready for TKR, look no further than Dr. Gautsch and his excellent team. I kept waiting and hoping over the last ten years for a silver bullet to avoid TKR for both knees (bone on bone was painful with any activity and made me bowlegged) or even an improved procedure (minimally invasive), and decided i could not wait any longer to enjoy my life to its fullest and finally found a surgeon who puts all the best practices together. With his computer assisted navigation to help ensure a perfect alignment of the knee with minimal cuts and sparing the quad muscle and other soft tissue by making the incision on the inside of knee made sense, my pt was blown away with my progress first week after surgery. I also could not believe that TKR could be done as "outpatient" at the Indian Lakes Surgery Center in Hendersonville and was a little skeptical at first, but both the surgery center and staff all worked like a well oiled machine allowing me to go home the same day.
- Sumner Regional Medical Center
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical Center
- Trousdale Medical Center