Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Gaines accepts your insurance.
Dr. Thomas Gaines, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Gaines completed a residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. and is affiliated with University of Tennessee Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Gaines is board certified in General Surgery.
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1988
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1984
- University Of Washington, Medical School — 1979
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gaines?
There is no surgeon I have ever had that makes me feel more cared for and confident that I am in good hands. He has cared for me since removing my lung cancer in 2014 and this past year has worked with me to solve the fistula in my esophagus. Instead of going for a very invasive surgery he had performed several times, he researched and found a new operation that had only been performed twice before (once in France and once in the US. Pulling in Dr. Kleppy, a none invasive surgery doctor at UT Medical Center, he worked with him to insert six small clips into my esophagus. The operation worked!! Dr. Gaines is not only a brilliant doctor, but an equally caring human being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Gaines frequently treats Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection and Thoracic Surgical Procedures.
Dr. Gaines' office is located at 1940 Alcoa Hwy Ste E180, Knoxville, TN 37920. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Gaines has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- 1 1940 Alcoa Hwy Ste E180, Knoxville, TN 37920 (865) 305-6955