Dr. Kao has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Susan Kao, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Berkeley, CA. Dr. Kao completed a residency at UCLA. She currently practices at Alta Bates Medical Center-herrick Campus and is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Kao is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital — 2010
- UCLA, Residency Hospital — 2005
- UCLA, Internship Hospital — 2003
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Kaiser Permanente
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Alta Bates Medical Center-herrick Campus2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94704 Existing Patients: (510) 204-1591
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Kao?
Dr. Kao is a physician who listens to her patient (me) and makes one feel as if you are the only patient she has. She takes time and explains all options. She is kind and knowledgable and gives an absolute feeling of trust. I would heartily recommend her to family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Susan Kao, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Kao's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Kao accepts your insurance.
Dr. Kao frequently treats Breast Cancer, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), and Anemia.
Dr. Kao's office is located at 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94704. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Kao speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
- Eden Medical Center
- John Muir Health, Walnut Creek Medical Center