Dr. Stephen Steinmetz, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Steinmetz's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Stephen Steinmetz, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Steinmetz completed a residency at General Surgery - University of Tennessee, Memphis. He currently practices at Stephen R Steinmetz MD PC and is affiliated with Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Steinmetz is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- General Surgery - University of Tennessee, Memphis, Residency Hospital
- Plastic Surgery - University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, Residency Hospital
- University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, Residency Hospital
- Erlanger Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1991
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Medical School — 1984
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Undergraduate School — 1979
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Steinmetz?
Dr. Steinmetz and his staff are absolutely great! The first time I met Dr. Steinmetz I could see he was going to be a stickler for every detail of my surgery, and he was, I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Steinmetz has a great bedside manner which was very important to me. He never seems in a hurry though I know he is. His staff are all so caring and compassionate. They have gone out of their way to help me. I can't recommend enough--while surgery is never fun---this doctor and staff will help you get through it with great care, and great RESULTS!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Steinmetz accepts your insurance.
Dr. Steinmetz frequently treats Congenital Anomalies of Breast, Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery), and Cosmetic Conditions.
Dr. Steinmetz's office is located at 2700 10th Ave S Ste 510, Birmingham, AL 35205. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Steinmetz has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center
- St. Vincent's East
Stephen R Steinmetz MD PC
Stephen R. Steinmetz PC2700 10th Ave S Ste 510, Birmingham, AL 35205 (205) 930-0980