Dr. Shelby Carter, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Austin, TX. Dr. Carter completed a residency at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center. He currently practices at St. David's Center for Hip & Knee Replacement and is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Carter is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
St. David's Center for Hip & Knee Replacement
St. David's Center for Hip and Knee Replacement3000 N Interstate 35 Ste 500, Austin, TX 78705 Existing Patients: (737) 202-2500
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1982
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1981
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Carter?
Dr. Carter completed my second hip replacement on August 10; 2020. It was another out of the park bases loaded home run. I was relieved of the pain I had been dealing with for over a year and was walking without a walker or cane within two weeks. Shelby is incredibly careful, accurate and knowledgeable. He always answers my questions, knows the research on the reliability of the prosthesis and has years of experience. He has a wonderful team as well from his PA to his surgery coordinator. He gave me my life back and I am back to gardening, dog agility and all of the activities I love. ,
- St. David's Medical Center