Dr. Patel has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Samir Patel, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in East Setauket, NY. Dr. Patel completed a residency at Barnes & Jewish Hosp-Wash U. He currently practices at Digestive Disease Care PC and is affiliated with Long Island Community Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Patel is board certified in Hematology.
- New York Medical College, Fellowship Hospital — 2009
- Barnes & Jewish Hosp-Wash U, Residency Hospital — 2005
- Barnes & Jewish Hosp-Wash U, Internship Hospital — 2003
- R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci, Medical School — 2002
- University Of Illinois At, Undergraduate School — 1997
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Locals (any local)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- MVP Health Care
- Peach State Health Plan
- PHP-Physicians Health Plan
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Patel?
Dr. Patel is the best doctor I’ve ever had as well as one of the kindest human being I know. He looks at the overall picture. Most specialist are limited. He is knowledgeable; teaches the “what is this, what happens next, etc.) I feel confident I’m in good hands; not intimidated. AND he’s got a positive outlook and is fun! I bring my grandkids in with me and “his feathers are not ruffled” by them. :-)
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Samir Patel, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Patel's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Patel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Patel frequently treats Renal Neoplasms & Resection and Pancreatic Neoplasms.
Dr. Patel's office is located at 235 N Belle Mead Ave, East Setauket, NY 11733. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Long Island Community Hospital
- Mather Hospital - Main
- Peconic Bay Medical Center
- Saint Charles Hospital