Dr. Russell Nelson, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Thousand Oaks, CA. Dr. Nelson completed a residency at University Of California. He currently practices at Nelson Spine Institute and is affiliated with Los Robles Health System - Los Robles Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Nelson is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Nelson Spine Institute
Nelson Spine Institute250 LOMBARD ST, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 (805) 370-0748
- Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- University Of California, Residency Hospital — 1979
- U Calif, Internship Hospital — 1979
- Rush University, Medical School — 1977
- University Of Illinois, Undergraduate School — 1974
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
- Health Net
- Health Net of California
- Kaiser Permanente
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Managed Care (Non-HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Nelson?
Very impressed with Dr. Nelson. Extremely knowledgeable on spine and back issues and incredibly honest. I was so ready to get surgery done to fix my pain, but he recommended I get an alternative treatment, as the issue is not 100% related to what a surgical procedure could fixed. This honest recommendation truly impressed me. I have already recommended more people to him and his office. Dr. Greg Tchejeyan was also very impressive interpreting my ailments and helpful advising solutions.
- Los Robles Health System - Los Robles Regional Medical Center