Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (201) 254-7618, and for other questions, call (551) 996-5900.
Dr. Robert Alter, MD is a hematology specialist in Hackensack, NJ. Dr. Alter completed a residency at St Lukes Hospital Center. He currently practices at Regional Cancer Care Associates and is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- New York University Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- St Lukes Hospital Center, Residency Hospital — 1991
- St Lukes Hospital Center, Internship Hospital — 1989
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Devon Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Regional Cancer Care Associates
Jtcc 3rd Floor Clinic92 2nd St, Hackensack, NJ 07601 Call
John Theurer Cancer Center795 Franklin Ave, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 Call
Jtcc Palisades7650 River Rd, North Bergen, NJ 07047 Call
John Theurer Cancer Center155 State St, Hackensack, NJ 07601 Call
Cancer Center30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601 Call
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Alter?
Dr. Alter treated me for a very serious Stage 4 Cancer and I am now in total remission. Dr. Alter is a kind and concerned doctor and I feel he has very good judgment. On my first visit, he took the time to arrange a very complicated biopsy for me on the morning of his flight for a family holiday out of state.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Alter has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Robert Alter, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Alter's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Alter accepts your insurance.
Dr. Alter frequently treats Neutropenia, Mineral Metabolism Disorders, and Magnesium Metabolism Disorders.
Dr. Alter's office is located at 92 2nd St, Hackensack, NJ 07601. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Alter speaks Spanish, Hebrew, and English. View profile to see all.
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Holy Name Medical Center
- Palisades Medical Center