Dr. Robert Wood, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Wood completed a residency at The University Of Alberta. He currently practices at Steven I Leff MD PC and is affiliated with Anna Jaques Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Wood is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- University Of Texas, Fellowship Hospital — 2000
- Brigham and Women's Hosptial, Fellowship Hospital — 1999
- The University Of Alberta, Residency Hospital — 1998
- Royal Alexandra Hosp, Internship Hospital — 1994
- Dalhousie University, Medical School — 1994
- University Of New Brunswick, Undergraduate School — 1990
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Wood?
On Dec. 1, 2010 when I was 52, after 26 years of running including several marathons, Dr. Robert Wood replaced my left hip. I’m a biomedical engineer. I selected the hip joint I wanted to use and then found the surgeon that knew more about them then anyone. I used a Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing System. If you don’t know about this type of hip joint replacement option read up on it. On St Patty’s Day 2011, just 4.5 mo after surgery I was skiing the Spring-bumps at Sunday River like a mad-man with no problem. I’m not thinking Dr. Wood appreciated that but it’s the truth. The hip is perfect to this day. Dr. Wood was terrific. I’d use him again if I ever needed any more joint replacements. PS: Beyond being a great surgeon his best advise was to quit running. Even downhill skiing doesn't damage you like running. I still hike, distance bike, play a little tennis, golf and ski. Not bad!
- Anna Jaques Hospital
- North Shore Medical Center
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville