Click here to compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists.
Dr. Robert Tonks, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in San Diego, CA. Dr. Tonks completed a residency at Jackson Meml Hosp-University Miami Sch Med. He currently practices at Robert D. Tonks M.d. Inc. and is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Tonks is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Jackson Meml Hosp-University Miami Sch Med, Residency Hospital — 1989
- Jackson Meml Hosp-University Miami Sch Med, Internship Hospital — 1985
- University of Texas- Houston McGovern Medical School, Medical School — 1984
- Medicaid of California
- Self Pay
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Robert D. Tonks M.d. Inc.8010 Frost St Ste 604, San Diego, CA 92123 Existing Patients: (858) 576-9901
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Tonks?
Beyond fabulous. I broke my femur and after only three days I am up moving around and putting weight on my leg. He explains everything very well and then listens to your concerns and answers appropriately. I travel for work so there is concern around blood clots. He addressed all concerns, gave pros/cons for each option. I am so thankful for his care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Tonks frequently treats Hip & Pelvic Surgery.
Dr. Tonks' office is located at 8010 Frost St Ste 604, San Diego, CA 92123. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Tonks has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Sharp Memorial Hospital