Click here to compare with other Family Medicine Specialists.
Dr. Robert Blackwood, MD is a family medicine specialist in Virginia Beach, VA. Dr. Blackwood completed a residency at Misercordia Hosp. He currently practices at TPMG Independence Family Medicine and is affiliated with Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Misercordia Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1984
- University of Calgary / Faculty of Medicine, Medical School — 1981
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Optima Health
- Planned Administration Inc
- Universal American
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
TPMG Independence Family Medicine
Virginia Beach Office1201 Lake James Dr Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA 23464 Existing Patients: (757) 523-0022
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Blackwood?
For 20 years I've always had absolutely excellent service from Dr. Blackwood, associate physicians, & staff. They're empathetic, & professional; but will refer you out when it's advisable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Blackwood has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Blackwood frequently treats Obesity, Overweight, and Throat Pain.
Dr. Blackwood's office is located at 1201 Lake James Dr Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA 23464. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Blackwood speaks French and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital