Dr. Portney has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Robert Portney, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Boston, MA. Dr. Portney completed a residency at Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania. He currently practices at North End Community Health Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Portney is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, Residency Hospital — 1984
- Hospital University Penn/Grad Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1983
- Hospital University Penn/Grad Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1982
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
North End Community Health Center
The North End Waterfront Health332 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113 Existing Patients: (617) 643-8000
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Portney?
Dr Portney saw my mother as an emergency patient; the first doctor in 6 years who looked at her as a whole patient. He checked all aspects of physical and mental history, took all the time it required, talked to her to tease out the situation, reassured her that he could sort out her problems, but that it would take time and investigation. He's the kind of doctor I haven't seen in 40 years: highly intelligent, yes, but caring, thorough, holistic, kind. I'd give him 10 stars if I could.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Portney accepts your insurance.
Dr. Portney frequently treats Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence), ADHD and-or ADD, and Anxiety.
Dr. Portney's office is located at 332 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.